Senior Ruby Developer
Buyapowa is an established leader helping retailers amplify their online customer network and new customer acquisition through social referrals. Our platform plugs straight into a client’s existing website and has powered introduce-a-friend programmes for brands such as O2, Vodafone, Space.NK and Boohoo.
At Buyapowa, we don’t run a technical team or a development team - we run a product team. We have several exciting greenfield projects planned for this year and we’re looking to bring in talented people to work with us in London Victoria to drink coffee, explore new ideas and help us continue to grow.
Working with a varied mix of high calibre clients across the globe comes with its challenges. Our day to day involves maintaining a robust and flexible front end, finding pragmatic solutions to enterprise scale problems and staying at the forefront of continuous delivery and serverless architecture.
We strive to balance using tried and tested tools where suited against leveraging the latest technologies to give us our competitive edge. Our tech stack is varied, from Ruby on Rails on Heroku to Go on AWS Lambda, Vanilla JS to React for front end development, and a few thing in between. For us, it’s more about choosing the right tools for the right job.
We’re looking for someone who wants to:
- Be involved in shaping solutions from any stage of development
- From identifying behaviour from our monitoring
- Drilling down a client request to its core platform wide value
- Live feedback from customers on site
- In discussions with Product Managers
- From small bug fixes to microservices to scaling up existing processes
- Be responsible for delivering stories from idea to production
- Mentor other developers.
- Willing to pair with whatever skill sets are required to deliver their solution.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Solid Ruby on Rails experience
- Formed an opinion on React and Vue
- A good understanding of HTML, CSS, ES6
- Come from Agile practices and is open to a more lean approach
- Understands the importance of writing clear, intention revealing code
- Appreciated the Red Green Refactor flow of TDD
You might like working here if you:
- Like to work with different languages to solve different problems
- Want to see how continuous delivery works and scales
- Want to work with Serverless Architecture
- Enjoy being part of a diverse team
- Have a strong passion for development
- Deliver efficient solutions, at a sustainable pace
- Possess a positive attitude and enjoy tackling problems alongside your team
- Care about the quality of your work and the impact it has on the product and company
- Regular retrospectives with delicious milkshakes
- Be part of a rapidly growing business expanding internationally
- Your own personal conference budget
- Flexible work arrangements
- Hardware budget and a big screen
- Excellent tax efficient equity scheme
- A [email protected] account for significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership and cinema tickets!