Buyapowa helps retailers amplify their online customer network and acquire new customers through social referrals. Our platform plugs straight into a client's existing website and has powered introduce-a-friend programmes for brands such as O2, EE, Ocado, and Space.NK.
At Buyapowa, we run not a technical team or a development team, but a product team. Our team of five is looking to bring in another talented person to make us even better.
You are interested in
- Making software that's useful, valuable and better than before
- Working on a diverse set of engineering challenges
- Thinking about the customer/user, contributing product ideas, and discovering insights through A/B testing, analytics, etc.
- A supportive learning environment with a diverse team in terms of skill sets, levels of experience and background
- Having the freedom to solve problems creatively
- Working with very clear demand for your output
What you will do on our team
- Build amazing user-facing features, working across the entire stack
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment, with skilled support from everyone on the team
- Tackle tough engineering and product problems
- Come up with new ideas alongside our design team to continually iterate on the experience
- Work cross-functionally to evaluate the relative importance of and need for product initiatives
Find out more about how we work on our tech team page.
- Experience working with Ruby (at least one year), Rails and relational databases
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Great team-working and communication skills
- Desire and ability to learn quickly
- Empathy for the end user
- Experience with Elixir
- Experience with other high-level languages
- Experience with CoffeeScript, Sass and Slim
- Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator
- Previous experience in a similar industry
- On-demand retrospectives with milkshakes
- Flexible work arrangements
- Multi-cultural, multi-background team
- Hardware budget and a big screen
- Conference budget
- Diverse tech stack – right tools for the right job
- No timesheets!
- A .gif for all seasons
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!