Buyapowa has created a refer-a-friend platform which allows clients to acquire new customers through social referrals; we've powered referral programmes for major telcos such as O2, Three, Vodafone and BT, plus big brands including Expedia, Space.NK, ASOS, River Island, Zizzi, Travelex, Treatwell and Desigual.
Clients plugs us directly into their existing websites to produce an interface where customers can understand an offer and interact with their friends directly to earn rewards. There's many different integrations which help our clients market to their customers and garner the best conversions, to process their referrals, to identify fraud, provide their own customer support and to automate the entire process via an API.
At Buyapowa we don’t run a technical team or a development team, but we run a product team; we're looking to bring in talented people to work with us in London Victoria to drink coffee and help us grow further.
You are interested in
- Working on a diverse set of engineering challenges
- Making useful software that's valuable and better than before
- Considering the customer and user, contributing product ideas, all whilst discovering insights through user testing, analytics, etc
- Being in a supportive learning environment with a diverse team in terms of skill sets, backgrounds and levels of experience
- Having the freedom to creatively solve problems
- Operating with a very clear demand for your output
What you will do on our team
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment, pairing and having support from everyone on the team, from engineering to user experience
- Work across the entire stack and build intuitive features which will be rapidly put in front of users to improve through iteration
- Solve tough product problems and engineering challenges
- Generate new ideas alongside our design team to continually improve the experience for all types of users
Find out more about how we work on our tech team page.
- Experience working with Ruby (at least one year), Rails and relational databases
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Great team-working and communication skills
- A desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Empathy for the end user
- Experience with Elixir
- Experience with other high-level languages
- Experience with CoffeeScript, Sass and Slim
- Experience with ES6 and Vue.js / React
- Experience with Sketch/Photoshop/Illustrator
- Previous experience in a similar industry
- Regular retrospectives with delicious milkshakes
- Your own personal conference budget
- Flexible work arrangements
- Multi-cultural, multi-background team
- Hardware budget and a big screen
- Diverse tech stack – right tools for the right job
- A .gif for all seasons (mostly party parrot gifs)
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!